These 5 top tips could help you reduce your company’s energy consumption and therefore lower your energy costs.
Research conducted by Printerland showed how much energy and money is wasted by company’s every year, which could be significantly reduced by making small changes. They found, a typical small-medium sized business uses around 30,000kw of energy each year, costing them approximately £5,000 per year.
- Switching to clean fluorescent light bulbs in your offices could see a decrease of over 75% a year.
- By turning your photocopier off out of hours, you could save up to £323.40.
- Computers and monitors left in sleep mode overnight can waste as much as 10,000kw per year, costing £1,700.
- A Wifi router left on all year round will use 53,000kw, whereas only using it during office hours reduces it to 19,000kw.
- Laptops are designed to use less energy and can decrease usage by up to 80% of a desktop computer.
We can help reduce your energy usage and your costs, contact us to see how much you could be saving.